In this podcast, we tried to answer few common queries on BRR.
openLCA announces training on LCA software during 27-29 December 2018 in Mumbai (please note the new dates)
GreenDelta, Germany has developed openLCA software. In association with its SE Asia partner @RSM GC Advisory, we are announcing 3 days training program in Mumbai. The professional openLCA training is for participants with basic knowledge in the field of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). Previous experience with openLCA is not required. At the end of the training, participants will be able to model life cycle-based systems and apply LCA models in the context of circular economy. Moreover, the participants will have gained an understanding on how to organize openLCA projects in general. Please see the training brochure in the link below and contact us for registration and queries.
Sustainability for Media and Entertainment Industry
A comparison of GHG emission reduction targets by Indian IT companies and few global peers.
|Company||GHG target||Reference/ remark|
|Infosys||reduce its per capita electricity consumption by 50% over 2007-2008 levels by 2018
and source 100% of electricity requirement from renewable resources.
|Wipro||Absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions: reduction of 35,000 tonnes
GHG Emission Intensity (Scope 1 and Scope 2) on Floor Area (FAR) basis Cumulative reduction of 33% in GHG intensity from140 kg / sq m (kpsm) to 94 kpsm of Co–eq
Doubling renewable energy procurement of 65 million units in 2015 to a target of 135 million units in 2019-20
|TCS||reduce the specific carbon footprint by 50% by 2020 over FY 2007-08, our greenhouse gas emissions (Scope 1 + Scope 2)⁶ stood at 3 tCO2E/FTE/Annum||SR 2016-17
|Tech Mahindra||15% absolute (Scope 1& 2) emission reduction over 2015-16 baseline by 2020-21||SR 2017-18
Science based targets approved for the software companies
RSM GC is pleased to release report on Integrated Reporting <IR>. The report should answer common queries – such as why is <IR> necessary and how to do <IR>.
Some of the highlights from the report
- The value of intangible assets grew from 17% in 1975 to over 84% of total market value in 2015, for S&P 500 companies.
Are you capturing value of your intangible assets?
- To conform to SEBI circular of 6th February 2017, should company provide IR information in the annual report separately OR incorporate in Management Discussion & Analysis OR Provide in a separate report.
- “Despite an increase in the volume and frequency of information made available by companies, access to more data for public equity investors has not necessarily translated into more comprehensive insight into companies”- A Manifesto for Sustainable Capitalism.
Are you disclosing adequate and relevant non-financial information required by your investors?
- Organizational journey towards Integrated Reporting would differ from entity to entity depending upon its strategic clarity, processes and systems which are already in place. Organizations with experience in sustainability or non-financial reporting for significant number of years or with robust internal management accounting, business excellence or balance score card deployment, may find Step Ahead is their First step or in some cases whatever they are already doing may require recast to become the leader
- One step at a time- Four steps: phased, pragmatic customized <IR> adoption framework; Lead and Harness <IR> advantage in three years
- Conduct strategy mapping and fill in Value creation worksheet; collate indicators to measure/assess state of value creation factors and deployment of strategy for the relevant <IR> capitals
Please download report at link below.
ITS is Thailand’s leading synthetic yarn spinner and the largest exporter of synthetic yarn from Thailand. ITS is the preferred customer to the world’s leading fibre manufacturers.ITS has manufacturing unit set-up in Bang pa-in, Ayutthaya, Thailand with corporate office in Bangkok, Thailand.
This is our third annual sustainability report.
PT. Elegant Textile Industry (PTE) was established in the year 1973. The plant
is located at Purwakarta, about 125 kms from Jakarta. PTE, a part of Overseas
Spinning Business of Aditya Birla Group is their first venture in Indonesia.
Today the capacity stands at 174,240 spindles. PTE has MVS technology.
We run 100% viscose, poly/viscose blends, linen blends and 100% polyester. MVS Yarn has special features, like low hairiness and low pilling properties, which results in extra shine, increased brightness, extended durability and a softer feel.
This is PTE’s third sustainability report with RSM GC.
Jaya Shree Textiles (JST), a unit of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd. (a listed company*), is a part of the Domestic Textiles Business of the US $ 41 billion Aditya Birla Group. It was incorporated in 1949 and has its only manufacturing unit at Rishra in Hooghly district, West Bengal, India.
JST has the largest integrated linen manufacturing plant in India, with 22,552 spindles and 10.1 million meters fabric manufacturing capacity. It has state-of-the-art facilities and is equipped with the latest spinning, weaving, and finishing systems from Switzerland, Germany, China, Russia, France, Belgium, and Italy.
This is JST’s 3rd successive report with RSM GC.
PT Sunrise Bumi Textiles is pleased to release its third Sustainability Report, for 2016-17. The report is prepared in consultation with RSM GC Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd.